Mobile apps that are as elegant as they are functional
Make the library your customers’ go-to app for everything to do with books, movies, and music. Our streamlined suite of apps for iPhone, Android and mobile browsers makes it easy for customers to FIND, DISCOVER, BORROW, and KEEP TRACK.
Offered as a suite of two native apps and a mobile browser version, BiblioMobile delivers a rich customer experience for users on all platforms.
- Seamless ILS integration
for all search, circulation information, transactions and account functionality
- Detailed branch information
including daily and holiday hours, contact info, and full GPS/mapping capabilities
- Scannable account barcode
for in-library use
- Custom branding
with your library logo on the app loading screen and masthead
The BiblioCommons difference
DESIGN: A streamlined set of the features most relevant to the “do it now” needs of mobile customers.
- Visual design that customers routinely describe as “gorgeous” and “intuitive”.
- Interaction design that allows for expanding interaction possibilities without button clutter. Context-aware slide-up menus expose functionality as it’s required - for easily checking availability, placing holds and saving titles for later.
- Adherence to device-specific design conventions : The availability of native apps for iPhone and Android allows for device-specific conventions that creates a more familiar, intuitive experience throughout.
I LOVE this iPhone App! I just installed it today and so far it looks like a great resource with all the info I need most in a clear, fun and intuitive format.
Lyndia, Edmonton Public Library
SEARCH: Harnessing the full power of search.
BiblioMobile makes it fast and easy for customers to get to the results they’re looking for.
- As good-as-it-gets relevance ranking that incorporates holdings and circulation data to ensure that best-fit results get to the top.
- Natural language capabilities for the most common audience and format searches – e.g. “kids dvds”
- Complete custom mapping of facets to your bibliographic and circulation data allows customers to quickly limit results by a broad range of criteria from availability to format; from audience to location.
The library iPhone app works so well!! Has definitely increased my library use as I can search and hold books for pick up on my phone.
-Jennine, Pickering Public Library
DISCOVER: Help customers find what they’re not looking for.
BiblioMobile’s Discover tab provides up-to-the-minute views of always-changing content that is at the heart of on-the-go discovery. Customers can “check in” to see what’s new...
- From the community: A Recently Reviewed carousel that highlights the titles being
talked about in your community…now.
- To your shelves: One-click access to Recent Arrivals, and Just Ordered lists—all
generated automatically so you don’t have to.
- On bestseller lists: Automatically updated bestseller lists.
The other half of discovery: Integrated community ratings, comments and tags help your customers decide what’s right for them. BiblioMobile provides access any time (at the bookstore, at the videostore, or on the bus) to the opinions of your staff and community.
I want to say thank you for the excellent work on the MPL iPhone app. It's exactly what I need to add onto my library experience.
-Eric, Markham Public Library
BORROW: BiblioMobile makes it easy for your customers to find materials and manage their accounts.
- Availability information where and how customers need it – from search results. Includes a “limit to available” facet for narrowing results, and a map view of all available titles.
- Branch preferences remembered to streamline hold requests.
- Full account management tools – including hold suspension, fines display.
- Convenient summary view on login, featuring the information customers need most: “next due” and “available now”.
This app is just superb!
Absolutely fantastic interface and general look & feel. Thank you for your hard work creating the most convenient way to manage my account on the go.
-Brandon, Johnson County Library
DO MORE: Beyond borrowing. Make your library’s app their go-to app for everything books, movies and music.
- Option of adding items to a “for later” shelf as customers hear of titles they may want to get to eventually.
- Roll-over ratings allow customers to quickly rate and add items to their Shelves for Life.
Best of all: it’s super-easy to implement, and even easier to maintain
- For BiblioCore subscribers, all we need is your branding and an XML file of your branch details information.
- No files to maintain or upload, ever, even for new title lists. Updates are fully automated through the magic of the same ILS connector that manages the BiblioCore integration.
- An integrated feedback link gives your patrons another voice, and we’re listening. This feedback loop allows us to stay on top of your customers’ issues and priorities.